Top: Kohl’s (old)
Shoes: Zara (old)
Lips: Elizabeth Arden Ultra Lipstick – Tulip 16
Elizabeth Arden Lip Pencil – Plumrose 07
Nails: Formula X For Sephora – Gravity
Toes: Formula X For Sephora – Extraordinary
Hello! I hope everyone is enjoying the last official days of summer. Happy Labor Day to those of you in the USA.
This post is as the title suggests about random things I’ve been obsessing about lately. I added slightly because I don’t want the authorities to get involved. In no particular order:
- Sephora’s Formula X line of nail polish
I’ve loved every color I’ve tried so far. Great formula, good price point and a nice variety of colors.
- Frida Kahlo A bold lip, beautiful braided hair and a killer fashion sense. Obviously I was intrigued. I’ve been reading Kahlo by Andrea Kettenmann and I’m already on the hunt for more information about this complex and prolific artist. “The most important thing for everyone in Gringolandia is to have ambition and become ‘somebody,’ and frankly, I don’t have the least ambition to become anybody.”- Frida Kahlo
- Lush skincare In this post I talked about how I’ve been trying to be consistent with my skincare which has resulted in visible improvement. Shocking I know. That post focused on Peter Thomas Roth products but I’ve also been using some Lush products for the past two months and I think they’ve really helped as well. I’m working on a review.
- Starbucks Specifically coming up with “my drink” at Starbucks. I don’t drink alcohol so I feel this is my only opportunity to have a signature beverage other than water with lemon. It’s been a bit rough. I don’t drink coffee so my options are limited to tea. I started first with a grande iced green tea frappucino with soy milk. It was all good until I got the Starbucks app and realized it had 56g of sugar. So on to the next one I went. Option number 2 was a grande iced chai tea latte with soy milk. That reportedly has 43g of sugar, which in my humble opinion was still too much sugar. I almost decided to scrap the whole thing and just stick to Teavana when Starbucks and Teavana combined and then they threw Oprah into the mix. At that point it just seemed as if the universe was telling me to stay the course. So now I’ve settled on a tall Oprah Chai Tea with soy milk. I’m afraid of them discontinuing it which would force me to start this whole process over again so I’ve been researching a back up. As of today it’s a tall skinny chai tea latte with soy milk.
- Boyfriend Jeans They don’t have to be a perfect fit. They just have to not fall down when you walk. You can dress them up or down. What could be more perfect?
- Bookmarks I’ve been reading more actual books vs reading on my Kindle app lately so I need bookmarks. Luckily I had one I picked up as a souvenir on my last trip but I need more. And because I’m
specialme they have to be pretty, colorful and magnetic. The search continues.
- Shooties I resisted these for a while. I was like what trickery is this? It’s either a boot or a shoe not both. I eventually caved and am now firmly on the bandwagon. You see it’s a boot and a shoe so you get the look of a chic boot and can still show off your pedicure. They’re great!
That’s all I can think of for now. I’m off to read some September issues,
do lanudry watch Netflix and maybe catch a movie. I’d love to hear what you’ve been #slightlyobsessed over lately. Have a great week!
This is such a beautiful top. The colors are beautiful. And your smile is just priceless.
Thank you Nerline! That top was best find at Kohl's to date 🙂
LoL…at not getting the authorities involved…:-).I like everything about this post Comely; your hair is so lovely braided like that. Also, the prints on that blouse is lovely and I love the way you paired it with the jeans.Now, I'm really looking forward to your skin care review because I can see that you are glowing more than usual…:-)Enjoy the rest of your week.
Thanks Beauty! I'm working on a follow up skincare post for Lush 🙂