I’m reporting to you from the never ending year of 2020 with a small win. I met my Goodreads goal of reading fifty books. I’ve actually read 53 so far and I might get a couple more in before the year is out but I felt like doing this post now.
Some fun stats for my 2020 reading year:
- The book I read with the least pages was Night Sky with Exit Wounds which had 70 pages.
- The book I read with the most pages was The Nix which had 754 pages.
- My average book length was 319 pages.
- My three five star reads were- Caste and The Warmth of Other Suns both by Isabel Wilkerson and The Tattoo Artist by Jill Cement
- My average book rating was 3.4 out of 5.
At the start of this year I’d said I was going to read The Count of Monte Cristo and Harry Potter. I did not read them. I’m going to roll over The Count of Monte Cristo as a goal for next year. I doubt I’ll ever get to Harry Potter.
I do want to focus on two authors next year James Baldwin and Kazuo Ishiguro. By focus I mean I want to read their major works. They each have about 10 books that I haven’t read so that should keep me busy.
Let’s recap in about 12 months to see how I did.