I use Goodreads to track my reading through the year. I decided last year that I would keep my reading goal at fifty books a year. Not too crazy but still a little ambitious for my lifestyle. Last year I came in just at fifty. The longest book I read was The City of Brass- 569 pages. I only had one five star read last year and that was Michelle Obama’s Becoming which I got as a gift.
I get most of my books from the library and then if I like them I’ll buy a copy for myself. The books I bought last year were:
- Well Read Black Girl- Glory Edim
- Less- Andrew Sean Greer
- Patsy- Nicole Dennis-Benn
- Augustown- Kei Miller
- Hollow Kingdom- Kira Jane Buxton
- A People’s History of Heaven- Mathangi Subramanian
- Drive your Plow of the Dead- Olga Tokarczuk
- Never Let Me Go- Kazuo Ishiguro
- Frankly in Love- David Yoon
- On Earth We are Briefly Gorgeous- Ocean Vuong
I wanted to read more non-fiction books in 2019. I logged four. I wanted to do more reviews of the books I read. I did 12 reviews up from 2 in 2018.
This year I want to read The Count of Monte Cristo which is over a thousand pages. Eeek! I also want to finally read the first Harry Potter book and more of James Baldwin’s works. Wish me luck 😀.